Thursday, February 24, 2005

You Talented MoFos

Is this a great country or what?

You know what makes this country great? Lyrics like these by The Killers:

Well somebody told me
You had a boyfriend
Who looks like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year
It's not confidential
I've got potential
Now, it is not that these lyrics are overly profound or inspiring.It is just that they are cool. One of the things I love about this country is the way it cultivates artistic creativity. Not only do we encourage people to develop their artist creativity, we reward it. I know there are thousands of talented artists in this country who toil in obscurity, but this is still the best place on the planet to be an artist.

I have always been jealous of those people that are naturally blessed with artistic abilities. I have always yearned for the talent necessary to be able to compose music, write poetry, play a musical instrument, paint, draw, or write a novel. Alas, those are not skills I was blessed with. I guess I just have to continue to admire those talented mofos who have the ability to amaze us all with cool lyrics and a seemingly unending supply of artistic creativity.